Instructor: Jodi Ohl
About This Workshop
Discover the fascinating world of using a limited neutral palette to create exciting, contemporary abstract compositions during this robust and fun filled abstract painting workshop with North Carolina Artist and Author of “Abstracts in Acrylic and Ink”, Jodi Ohl.
Using a limited palette but with a wide range of color possibility, students will be led through a 5 day exploration of abstract painting on paper, canvas, and wood.
Over the course of the 5 days students will study:
– Design principles and how to apply their knowledge to the work they are creating.
– Color mixing in a neutral palette
– Explore minimalist painting vs. multi-layered mixed media work.
– Experiment with shapes and unusual line work to create interest in one’s art.
– Playful daily exercises and prompts to start brainstorming ideas and activities to invite exploration of one’s art journey.
– Options to visit one of the areas local museums for inspiration.
This class is open to artists of all levels, however some basic understanding of acrylic paint and mediums is helpful to get the most out of this robust workshop. The most important skill to have is the willingness to explore and enjoy the process of immersing yourself into the world of abstract art.
|Dates:||04/08/2024 to 04/12/2024|
Ordering Online is 100% Safe & Secure
Similar Workshops You May Like